[Kids under 10 years of age will need adult supervision for this recipe. ]
Ingredients: Whole milk, half a cup of water, cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips, granulated sugar, salt.
Portion: The recipe below makes large serving or two small servings.
- Pour half a cup of water in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer on medium heat.
- Add 3/4th Tablespoon cocoa powder and mix it in well.
- Add 3/4th of a cup of whole milk.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Whisk well.
- Add a pinch of salt and ½ Teaspoon sugar.
- Mix it well for 2-3 minutes.
Adding a pinch of salt per cup of your hot chocolate drink makes the flavor of the chocolate come out stronger!
Did you know, hot chocolate was first made by people from the Mayan civilization about 2000 years ago? They used to drink it cold and add chilli peppers and spices to it.
You can top up your delicious drink with some whipped cream or add some marshmallows to it.
Simmer: Heating something while cooking such that it is bubbling but keeping it below its boiling point so that it doesn’t become vapor and evaporate.
Mexican Hot Chocolate has cinnamon and a little bit of red chilly powder.